This Sunday Pastor Ron continued our study of I John 2:28-29.
I John 2:28 Now, little children. abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.
I John 2:29 If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness is born of Him.
A. True Christians Abide (2:28)
1. The desire for confidence when He appears motivates true believers to abide in Him.
2. All true believers do abide in Him and will have confidence at His coming.
3. All unbelievers will shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.
B. True Christians Practice Righteousness (2:29)
1. If you know (oida) that He is righteous…
2. You will know (ginosko) His children by their righteousness…
Do you look forward to Christ’s return for His own? What a glorious day that will be. In the meantime we must live a life that is honoring to Christ and wait for our blessed hope, the Rapture of the church.
Click on the link below to listen to this inspiring teaching.